View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
I am THRILLED with Amazon Customer Service.

Okay, so my story is not quite the 'Customer Service screwed me over' sad-sob story. I don't care.

I've been looking to 'upgrade' from my Cybooks for some time now. Why? Because the promised firmware updates are over one year past due and there's no real sign that the delivery *WON'T* slip to two or more years late.

I've been kind of intrigued with the Nook, but I have so much invested in mobi/prc format that I really thought I'd rather have a Kindle.

Naturally, if I were going to buy new, I'd buy straight from Amazon, but I'm a veteran of eBay and I've been keeping my eyes open for a decent used K2. Two weeks ago, to my surprise, one was listed with a broken screen. So I bid - and ended up getting it for $38!

Now I assumed that it was out-of-warranty and that I'd be shelling out for a replacement screen. That was not the case! It turned out that there were four months left on the original warranty according to Customer Service when I called them yesterday. Today, my FREE replacement arrived!

That's right, I now have a working K2 for a total investment of $38!

Amazon Customer Service, I LUV YA!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote