View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 04:10 AM   #124
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
I started to create txt files. There I note noteworthy things - original file format, sometimes whole filename; things I did before final mobi (like losing horizintal line or adding space between paragraphs or centering headings).
Also path I took, for example lit ->epub in C, tweak html ->prc in MC.
And things that irritated me while reading - missing toc, missing <p>-s (results in whole dialog being in one paragraph), typos. Did I correct them and where (like, if I grab html from epub, make prc, during reading find some things to improve. I twiddle with html-s that Mobi Creator is using, make new prc and continue reading it. Epub stays unchanged.)
Things I tried to do but was unsuccessful, things I maybe could do before next reading (space between chapters, color the headings ...)

My final quality rating concerns only mobi/prc file, but if in the future I aquire need for epubs and conversion from mobi does not work out, it's easy to see what I changed and do it for epub.

Txt opens very fast, so it's just one click to see why rating is '3' for example.