Thread: Literary The Return by Hisham Matar
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 09:42 AM   #7
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
As I keep reading more of the book, I find that the "calm and measured way" all of a sudden was building up to a very power paragraph which kind of catches one by surprise and really makes an emotional impact on the reader. Like the ending of the chapter "Old Man and His Son."

Interesting comments, sun surfer. If I slow down my reading and read a few lines out loud, then the poetic nature becomes more apparent. I can see how the audio narration by Matar must be enjoyable. I often like audiobook memoirs read by the author.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote