View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #12
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
(intended as sarcasm, not prophesy)
Probably wouldn't be the first time a statement about the BPHs turned out to be both.

I think the site is okay. Since I signed up for the beta thing, I got an email when it went live. Which is good, because I had totally forgotten about it. Some of the authors I follow are on imprints from those three, and it is kind of nice to have somewhere to find a list retail links that actually seem to work. It's attractive, has moderately interesting content. Haven't added any books to my list thingies so I don't know if the recommendation feature is worth anything yet.

They need to get more samples going. For any book with an ebook available, there's really no excuse for not having a sample available. I like that their samples open in an overlay window that fits on my laptop screen nicely and seems to work well, unlike sites that seem to have chosen completely arbitrary dimensions for their online preview. (I'm looking at you, Amazon, with your too-tall "look inside" feature.)

Within the next couple of days I will try their Android reader app on my tablet.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote