View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #410
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Please allow me to respond.

The Kindle is most certainly NOT a "rich kids gizmo". While I did shell out $359 for mine, I saved for some time before I got it. Its a matter of priorities, you see. True, the ad on Amazons main Kindle page (I am speaking here of the K1, not K2) did pique my interest, the thought of carrying all the books I wanted in a device that small was too good to resist.
(snip)
Go Desertgrandma! I love mine too. And yes, I hesitated a long time and didn't buy one until I had enough money scraped together. But a Kindle is worth eating ramen for. In my opinion, anyway.

(Regarding the public domain books--just finished _Pride and Prejudice_ a second time. Good stuff.)