View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #69
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Does the author whose book you're giving up have other published books? You have to wonder if they have written anything worth the purchase if they made such a hash of this one.
Y'know, it doesn't really sound like a "hash;" just not compelling. Becca said it was well written, good dialogue, etc.--just boring, LOL! Nothing much happens. (I occasionally feel this way about "highbrow" films, in which characters sit around and contemplate their navels and discuss the meaning of life.) I think it's hard for readers to engage when there's no challenge--however small--for the protagonist(s) to overcome, no change, nada, zip, zein, zilch. I mean, let's face it, we don't really normally sit around and watch other people date on a series of predictable, nice dates while they fall in love; if we have friends/acquaintances in a fiery, volatile relationship, now, that may be entertaining, as taxing as it is. But the usual dating scenario? Not so much. ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote