View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRayford View Post
calibre 0.9.8 isfrozen: True
Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3 Windows
Looking for devices of type: MTP_DEVICE
Cannot detect MTP devices
MTP devices are not supported on Windows XP

I can see my Kindle on windows, so it's registering there. I've restarted the Kindle, my computer, Calibre. Nothing seems to be working.
Unless I'm mistaken you are not seeing your Kindle Fire HD as a USB drive, meaning there is no drive letter associated with your device. The Kindle Fire HD connects as a MTP device. Calibre only supports connection via MTP on Windows Vista, Windows 7 and newer Windows (not XP) and on Linux machines.

You can find out more here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote