View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 03:08 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I do a huge amount of annotation and it's worthless unless it's computer readable text. So I use the touch keyboard on the Sage with epubs as the handwriting annotations in ebooks & pdfs are only images. Only the Advanced Notebook converts handwriting to text (also sketching to maths, shapes and checkboxes).
I only do simple freehand markup on PDFs for POD as the content is proofed on the epub. I might scribble notes on a PDF manual, which is added as some sort of image layer as you copy back entire PDF.

The iOS based iPad can have the similar Nebo App, and again only handwriting to text in the Nebo app, otherwise using touch keyboard.

The Kobo Sage & Kobo Elipsa do sort of support a BT keyboard. BT keyboards work better with Android and iOS as the Kobo may disconnect while you read a page.

Only a very few Android tablets support a true digitizing stylus. The Kindle Scribe and reMarkable have no native conversion of handwriting.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote