View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 01:01 AM   #460
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Having to change everything including bank account # and my bank credit/debit card fits your own words I do believe. And if Malware has nothing to do with privacy then I guess all the data that internet thieves steal (usually credit card info but also some other data) wouldn't be an invasion of privacy either under your definition. Those who have their lives upended by such theft might beg to disagree with you though.
Malware has nothing to do with privacy in the sense that you can be as private as you can and still get it. Even if you don't use any card online at all, or even have a bank account. Yes, in your case the malware was used to steal your card info. But even if you had had no personal data anywhere online, you'd still have gotten that keylogger on your computer.

Malware can be used to violate your privacy, of course, but they're not the same. There was malware before there was online banking or online business at all.

Edit: I apologize if you got the impression that I was insensitive to your troubles. My intention was not to belittle them. I may not have had my card info stolen online, but I have physically lost all my bank cards and documents at once, and also had to replace them all. So I'm well aware how awful the experience is.

Last edited by Sirtel; 09-29-2021 at 01:28 AM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote