View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 04:06 PM   #455
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
It's the extreme privacy advocates (never buy ebooks, never use the services of any big bad companies etc) that really irk me. Especially if they tell others to do the same.
Extreme privacy advocates who expects others to behave as them do sound annoying. Fortunately I've never come across any of those.

I recently found this article: International coalition calls for action against surveillance-based advertising. Data from ebook readers is, of course, a minor contribution to this kind of surveillance, but it's a part of a greater, problematic pattern.
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote