View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfisterfarm View Post
The final problem I was having was sometimes on the Kindle (and this didn't show up on Mobipocket Reader on the PC), a page would display at about 25% size and was about impossible to read. If I put in a screen resolution in PDFRead, that seems to go away.
Which screen resolutions did you have to enter? 520 x 640?

Quote:

Basically, I use prc-mobi with landscape-third, and put in the screen resolution. Everything else is at the defaults. Are these the best settings for the Kindle 1?
The default profiles use fairly decent choices for the PDFRead parameters, so you may not need to tweak them too much except DPI and Edge Level. I do prefer landscape-half if the resulting text is large enough to read comfortably, otherwise landscape-third is OK (but I don't like seeing a small, 5-10 lines, third page and all that blank space )

Last edited by nrapallo; 03-23-2009 at 09:20 AM. Reason: typo
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote