View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 10:59 AM   #29
KnnNike
KnnNike began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
This will be my only post in this thread.
The general consensus, from looking over all threads for the last 3 months, is that we don't need or want product development, or to pay again for what we already paid for.
I get the feeling that you waltzed into this job without even reading those threads ?

1. For IOS, just fix what you broke in the last iOS update, there are lists galore both here and on your own Trello page so " I am new, please tell me all over again " does not cut it.

2. For Android, fix Dropbox authentication then leave the app alone. The rest of it is built and paid for, and does what it was designed to do, so forget all about monetising it, or turning it into a cash cow. These cows are not for milking.

I have no idea what " user centric " means to you - if it means months of ignoring all posts which are asking for help and fixes, and leaving your users running around in circles looking for help then congrats. Your team have already acnheved mastery in that dept.

There is no love, and no longer a community. They mostly left months ago when the help stopped flowing. Any remaining love was wiped out by the sept 2018 iOS "update" and the subsequent failure to issue even a single hot fix for what you guys broke back then.

Again, basic due diligence when taking over a product. Go study what happened and read all that has been posted about it before asking for repeat wish lists.

FYI,The previous developer demonstrated how well the forum could be run and used it effectively. If you don't want to operate that, then farewell, you will not be having a private dialogue with me or getting my email address or phone number.

Please pull the plug on your way out, if you've decided the forum is not fit for purpose.

Now, I promised a mod that I would butt out of this forum, unless there were new events. So this is me, butting out.
Bye.
I echo #2, but not just for Dropbox. I'm squarely in the OneDrive/Microsoft camp, and that connection hasn't worked for 6+ months either
KnnNike is offline   Reply With Quote