View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 02:29 PM   #268
so42n8
heartthekobo
so42n8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Gergith, thank you for posting these instructions. I've recently found myself in a jam after inadvertently accepting the option to download an update to my Kobo Mini and spent the weekend trying to undo the damage. I have 2 devices in total and luckily only downloaded the glitchy software unto one miniSD card but the other still works in either Kobo Mini.

I tried following your instructions, I believe I successfully cloned the working SD card using Flash Drive Image Writer but I get stuck trying to follow your instructions at step 3. My laptop runs on Windows not Linux so maybe that's the issue.

Your instructions in step 3 say to:

"To verify you have the right drive, it should be set up as follows, or something close: (Unallocated) 10MB, rootfs(EXT4) 256 MB..., recoveryfs(EXT4) 256MB.., KOBOeReader (FAT32) 1.33 GB.., (Unallocated) [however big the rest of your sd card is. 5.9GB for the 8GB card in the pictures]."

but I don't see anything like that. Instead, I see 29.7GB unallocated but not any of the other text you mention.

Next, your instructions state to right click the Kobo e-Reader drive and select Extend but I don't see that option anywhere.

Totally understand you posted these instructions back in 2013 so maybe something has changed in the software... can you help?

Thank you in advance. Olga
so42n8 is offline   Reply With Quote