View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 10:23 PM   #258
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vae View Post
Hello,
I hope you could help me. I had been having problems with my Kobo glo hd, at the beginning this got blocked principally when I highlighted some long paragraphs. In order to solve it I did several factory resets and try some old firmware but after this the Kobo got blocked much more frequently until that it was impossible to use it (at the end when I was reading, got blocked and then said that I should connect to Kobo desktop for setting up, and this happend again and again).
I was thinking that it could be a problem with the battery or the sd and I format the sd because I thought that I could install a new firmware (terrible mistake, because I have not read this post yet). I have some doubts now:
- If I get and image for my 4gb sdīs Kobo I could solved my mistake? Where I could get it?
- Is it possible discard that it is a battery problem without buying a new one?
Sorry, I can't tell from the description what went wrong. I don't know what you mean by "blocked principally when I highlighted some long paragraphs". But, if the SD card was failing, you can get issues such as slow performance when something, such as a highlight, needs to be saved. Replacing the SD card would fix that.

I don't think a failing battery would have this affect. That would simply reduce the runtime and mean you need to charge it more frequently.

I have sent you a PM with the link to the image. It is for the 2GB 4GB card, but you can use it on a larger card and expand the book partition. Any size should work. 16GB will definitely work. There were reports that 32GB worked, but, also reports of problems with it.

You will need to do the setup using the Kobo desktop application, or by manually installing newer firmware. This is because Kobo now requires at least TLS1.2 for connections, but the factory firmware in the image does not support this. If you manually install firmware, it needs to be at least 3.19.x.

Edit:
Sent another PM with the correct image.

Last edited by davidfor; 04-15-2019 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Fix answer so it is relevent to the Glo HD, not the Glo.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote