View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Just got a used Kindle 1--initial impressions and a quick question

After much deliberation I decided to try and pick up a used Kindle 1, and scored one 5 months old, in great condition for $200 locally on Craigslist.

An added bonus is that it has a couple books I had planned to buy on it, so that's saves me some money--this leads to my quick question. I need to hold off on registering it to my Amazon account until after I finish these books right (they were bought, not free books)?

As for initial impressions--I'm very impressed so far. It's not nearly as ugly or clunky as it looks in pictures--Kindle 2 is definitely sleeker but the 1 isn't shabby.

The screen is great, amazing how much it looks like real paper and it seems to work well in a variety of lighting so far. The interface is decent, a little clunky with the scroll wheel but not bad--especially since I generally only read one book at a time. The complaints about accidental page turns are valid for sure as it is easy to bump the page turn buttons.

In all I'm very pleased so far. It fit my budget and can definitely hold me over for a few years until prices drop and newer models with more features like color ink, wifi web surfing etc. are out.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote