View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 05:39 PM   #60
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@sherman: Yeah, for some reason, I was worried it'd flag stuff in-between multi-byte characters, but no, after a good night's sleep and some testing, things appear to work well (at least with Latin scripts, so, 2 or 3 bytes) .

This just made me mad at Kobo again for their broken libc because I have to swap to a custom busybox shell to actually be able to input utf8 in my terminal, but, oh, well .
That's the nice property that UTF-8 has. Any byte outside the ASCII range starts with 1xxxxxxx, so a valid ASCII character will never be found within a multi-byte sequence.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote