View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 06:45 AM   #58
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Also, a quick note on the md parser not being unicode aware, from my point of view, I don't think it needs to be. It just iterates over bytes, and if it sees the ASCII '*' or '_' characters, it triggers an action. Otherwise, the text stream is seen as an opaque sequence of bytes, because it doesn't care about them.

In other words, it should handle any input you give it, regardless of whether it's english or not. On the other hand, it has no concept of whether a given language even supports bold/italics, but it's up to the user to figure that one out in my opinion.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote