View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #5
ColFormi
ColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@ColFormi: I have tested downloading a book from gmail, and it works. But, I'm pretty sure the oldest firmware I have tried it with is in around 4.5.x. I did do some downloading with 3.19.5761 with mixed results. But, the problems were to do with how the site was coded and if the browser could us the download link.
Thank you for taking the trouble to do the test for me. I feel grateful and also embarrassed because hours after I posted my question, I found a discussion thread in which you mentioned the MIME type issue. Though it is beyond me to understand what it is, I do get a rough idea that it is not just about the firmware but also has something to do with the websites. Had I found the thread earlier, I would not post my question.

Anyway, thank you so much. I will try a newer firmware version and see if it works.
ColFormi is offline   Reply With Quote