View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #100
Kevin8or
Guru
Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
They can make all the rules like this that they want, the plain simple matter is that all of them are unenforceble. So don't get upset or worry about it, just do what you want with YOUR personal bought and OWNED gear/ebooks/music.
(Generally) unenforceable laws are still a problem because they enable selective enforcement. Selective enforcement is an excellent tool of control.

Let's say almost everyone is guilty of violating some dozen (often obscure) laws/codes/rules that can't be uniformly enforced. Let's say I'm a prosecutor or corporate giant or the MPAA. You piss me off for some reason. It may be unrelated to the laws. I'll choose to prosecute or sue you even though I don't have the resources to sue everyone.

Those laws are useful little tools for destroying meddlesome opponents and for producing a chilling effect on the rest. Yeah, these rules matter.
Kevin8or is offline   Reply With Quote