View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yep, it does. While mounted, it shows the "If you want to read while charging, eject the Kindle, but leave the cable plugged" (or so). After unmounting, it becomes usable (and also, only then do the files on /mnt/us become accessible to programs running on the Kindle, as stated in another thread).
Thank you.
I couldn't check that myself and I had forgotten that it switched to "charging" mode.

So the process would be to reverse (on the Kindle) the switch to "charging" mode;
Re-enable the "device gadget" kernel module (if it was removed by the switch);
and then - if those changes where not auto-detected by the host end OS - do a "re-attach" at the host end.

At which point, the answer to the O.P's question is: No.

If the host end OS does auto-detect the mode-change at the device (Kindle) end, then the process above should do the job.
In which case the answer to the O.P's question is: Yes.

All too complicated for me - I would rather just unplug/plug the cable.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote