View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
The nook tablet is not currently rooted. There is a workaround that allows you to side-load apps, but I suspect that since the Google market does not work and everyone seems to be getting their apps from the Amazon market app, that B&N are going to close this loophole in the first update (this is just speculation on my part).

Maybe there will be ICS ROMS down the road, maybe not. Sounds like if there are, they won't be easy like with the color. And maybe not as safe for us non-technical types. The color was unbrickable.

I really regret buying this on day one. My bad, of course. Shoulda waited to see what happened. May still work out.

I suggest you hold off and see how things develop over the next couple of weeks.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote