View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #22
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I believe I have found my perfect Kindle 2 font and it is the Georgia 2.

I'm adding screen shots instead of scans to show that the font sizes are the same on both Kindles (3). I made sure to use alt+shift+3 on both so that the line spacing is the same. I used the same letter from Jeff Bezos (though they have different dates, it's the same letter.

The new Georgia font is much larger than the factory installed font. I normally read at 4 and I can now drop down to 2 (which is nearly equal to the factory installed 3).

1 = control kindle font at 3
2 = Georgia font at 3
3 = Georgia font at 2

Edit: After going back to my regular book, I've decided reading at 3 with line spacing of 4 or 5 works better for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	control with factory font at 3.gif
Views:	574
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	28406   Click image for larger version

Name:	georgia font at 3.gif
Views:	587
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	28407   Click image for larger version

Name:	georgia font at 2.gif
Views:	580
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	28408  

Last edited by daffy4u; 05-03-2009 at 08:41 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote