View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #33
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
Maybe everyone missed the beginning of this subthread, where I said I bought the Pocket OED and removed the DRM to try to get it to work on my personal Sony Reader.
ha, actually, i thought you had said that, but when harry suggested i do it myself i supposed i had been wrong, because harry is extremely punctilious about copyright. i should have gone back and checked, i guess.

Quote:
So I was testing the procedure to see a) if it worked, and b) if it was easy enough that others could do the same with their own, purchased copies of the dictionary if they wanted to.

I was sharing the experience and test results with the community, but I can't share the book without stepping on copyright. I mean, if Zelda wanted to spend hours doing it so that I could have my own personal copy on my Reader and no one else would, that would be wonderful. But somehow I guess that's not what people are thinking here.
well, i am a very generous person but that might be taking things too far. (although, i might almost be tempted, in the name of science... ) it's very nice of you to share your experiences with us though so we can learn from them as well, and i hope if you push the experiment further you will keep us informed.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote