View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 01:08 PM   #8
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
With normal current-day books that I can read off the bat without any problems, I don't really do that. I just read them from beginning to end as fast as possible, as time permits.

However, when I read something such as the Ancient Classics, or medieval literature, I read slower. My knowledge of history and languages is extensive enough that I can understand that kind of literature without having to look up every other word or location, but sometimes I do have to think about what a sentence means, or where a city was exactly located, for example. If I really don't know or can't remember, I look it up.

I've finally discovered a purpose for the Kindle Browser

I wish I had a 10.1 inch 16:10 e-ink tablet, so I could read two pages side by side, but also have more space to navigate websites such as wikipedia.

Strangely enough, reading modern-day books feels like "consuming" a story, while reading the (ancient) classics actually feels much more like reading. Maybe it's because it's a bit more difficult or something, or because it's language from another time; I don't know.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-17-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote