View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 05:15 PM   #8
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Right, but when I tried it, I never really got close and still had to make at least 20 button pushes to find the word I wanted. I really like the idea of having a really good unabridged dictionary but it would take great patience. I was thinking I could increase the number of table of contents entries to 50 and have them evenly distributed so that you were never more than 1/50th of the book away from the word you want. For the 'A' words which displays in 1076 pages when in small fonts that means you're never more than about 21 pages from the word you want. Unfortunately, I'd have to do that for all 24 or so of the dictionaries (B to XYZ, too) which would mean over a thousand links I'd have to create. I'm just not sure I want to do that.
I automated the process to add TOC entries into a two-tiered TOC as previously mentioned here. I ended up adding just over 700 TOC links. The idea was to space them evenly over every 160 words and then the mid point would be no more than 80 words from either side (word_before TOClink or word_after TOClink). With an average of (say) 8 words to a "page" that would mean the mid point would be 10 pages away. Doesn't the Sony allow this 10 page jump?

I updated my .html for this two-tier TOC already and attach it below. If you want to check this updated .html in a browser, grab the file below. However, you'll have to convert it to .lrf first to see it in action on your Sony reader.

Strange, but the conversion from .html to .prc or .imp took minutes however, I had problems going from .html to .lrf (took hours and didn't finish!). Oh well, I know what my forte is NOT!

Hope you find it useful.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Final12-NR.zip (10.83 MB, 591 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 10-07-2008 at 10:01 PM. Reason: added link
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote