View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #90
PauloWerneck
PauloWerneck began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Trouble in installing dictionaries in Kobo Glo

I followed the intructions on how to install dictionaries in Kobo Glo but they did not work.

1. There were no dictionaries in .kobo/dict

2. I moved dicthtml.zip to .kobo/dict, as well as dicthtml-pt.zip, dicthtml-es.zip, dicthtml-fr.zip, dicthtml-it.zip, dicthtml-en-pt.zip and dicthtml-pt-en.zip.

3. I see all of them in .kobo/dict

4. When I select a word in an English written book, I receive the message "You don't have an English dictionary installed. You can install dictionaries from the language settings, and a link to Language Settings.

5.When I go to Language Settings, I see that I have 7 dictionaries installed. I select EDIT and see that the 7 dictionaries I previously moved to Kobo Glo are listed there.

6. I select SAVE and it wants to connect to WIFI, I don't know what for, but there is no WIFI so I cancel.

7. In "Select your language" I switched to French and again to English. I thing it just changed the language of Kobo, without any effect on the dictionaries.

Nothing works, I don't know what to do. I also do not know how to discover what firmware version I am using.
PauloWerneck is offline   Reply With Quote