View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #86
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Oh no, he writes Horrible Histories. My kid loves those books - which we discovered through our local public library. Ah well, we'll make sure to not buy any more of them, just borrow.
Why? When I find an author I like, I buy his books new. I want him to keep on writing. Who cares what his opinions on libraries are? I do use book stores, new & old, as places ot find such books. Not libraries, though. Too much "popular" stuff not reflecting my taste.

My deal with my kids was always that I'd buy them any book they wanted, so long as they committed to try to read it. Any subject, no questions asked. Their libraries were Borders and Barnes & Noble.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote