View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #37
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Probably because the same card had previously been associated with a different account. Whether you appreciate it or not, these checks are there for your protection.
Indeed. Two years ago I was called by Visa directly.

They told me they were alerted by "an unexpected purshasing pattern". So, they explained that their computer system generated an alert because I used my credit card to buy for about $500 of stuff in several countries. Normally, my credit card was used for some Android apps costing $1 or so a piece, some sheet music costing $2, and the biggest purshase was a bunch of second hand CD's at Amazon for $15 or so.

Visa wanted to know: Have you still got your credit card? Did you really buy stuff for $500 in 4 countries? Should we block these purchases? After telling them "Yes, yes", and "no", and mentioning what they should be seeing over there (which was indeed correct), they wished me a nice evening, and never called afterward.

Having no experience with this, it was a bit of a "Huh?" moment, but afterward, I can definitely appreciate it. And yes, I would want and even expect Amazon to contact me if my credit card suddenly shows up in another account.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-08-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote