View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
How does Whispersync for voice work?

I'm thinking that I might want to try being able to both read and listen to a book in turn, that Whispersync for voice thing Amazon is pushing. I've got a Kindle Keyboard, and I suppose I could authorize my droid with Audible so I could put the audible files on my phone...

But I'm not sure how this process works. Once I've stopped listening, do I have to connect to Amazon to tell them where I left off so my file on my K3 will jump to that place? and if so, how do I do that? I've never listened to books on anything but my iPod Nano (which isn't covered as one of the synch-able devices), and have no idea how I'd download an audiobook to my phone, much less synch it to Amazon.

And then, to pick up reading on my K3, do I have to connect to anything special in Amazon to get the K3 to jump to the specific page I want? or do I just turn on wifi and it will work automagically?

Has anyone tried both listening to and reading a book with this new feature? how well does it work? (I'll have to buy a new copy of the ebook, I suspect, but the one I want to try this with is only $6, so it's worth it for the experiment.)
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote