View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #195
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
The error message tells you how to fix it. It says: "Add correct host key in /root/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message."

I have multiple kindles that use 192.168.15.244, and they have different RSA keys. Changing the key in the known_hosts file just makes the problem come back when you plug in a different kindle using that IP address. You could copy the RSA private key inside the kindles to the other kindles so they all match. Or you could do like I did and replace the known_hosts file on my host PC with a symlink to /dev/null. Now when I SSH in it just has a one line notice that it is "permanently" adding a new key (to /dev/null).
Or just use a different IP address for each Kindle.
Since that private address range is 192.168.0.0/16 you shouldn't run into this problem until you have more than (2^16)-3 Kindles hooked up.

The message says which key (line number, same thing) in your known_hosts file is the conflicting one - use a text editor to delete it.

With known_hosts redirected to /dev/null you lose host authentication, not something you want to throw away if using your ssh client to connect to things other than a single Kindle under test.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote