View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You can recover a damaged kindle from Diagnostics mode by mounting the root partition and replacing missing or damaged files on it. You can also replace the root partition with a copy of a backup image file.
First and foremost, thank you very much geekmaster AGAIN. Diags mode was successful and I recovered my documents and books I bought... AWESOME!

1. So in diags mode, I'd imagine simply putting the following line in RUNME.sh and rebooting the Touch, will replace root partition with my backup image?
Code:
dd -if /mnt/us/bak/mmcblk0p1.bin -of /dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=1024
or is it more detailed, e.g. involving mount -o loop /dev/loop1 and such?

2. Is there a command for faculty restoring (factory resetting)? (oops brain-fart )

Feedback for fastboot mode: I rebooted my Touch and did the same procedure as for diags mode... in MfgTool, I Started the fastboot mode, Windows began automatically searching for driver, couldn't locate and gave error "No driver found". Checking Device Manager, I see a device called Kindle in "Other devices" section, but by setting the path for drivers manually (Driver folder of MfgTool) it still says suitable driver not found!!!... so nothing happens on my Kindle Touch in fastboot mode! O_o

3. Misc. individual dignostics > Utilities > Enable USBnet gives out correct information regarding IP... I wonder why it doesn't work out with ssh and we have to push reverse shell!

Last edited by thatworkshop; 02-20-2012 at 11:09 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote