Thread: MobileRead Book Club Selections List
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 09:57 PM   #41
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Tom, that way looks fine. Let's just leave it at that.

I do think those months will be a little awkward if we keep this 1/3 open scheme after 2012 and rotate months (there'd be no pattern to follow so we'll just have to choose another random four months), but nothing major. And has been pointed out by everyone, there's a good chance that it will all be changed for 2013 anyway. My suggestion was more for a long-term plan of if we were trying to find something that would work simply for years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Tom is the one who initially brought it up.
Yes, but he said he didn't want two open months of classics. He didn't say he didn't want two closed months, and closed months are now 2/3 of the months, so I don't think it would be that odd to have them both be closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Then you made suggestions based off of that and I made suggestions based off of your suggestions with two people, Val and Issybird, asking for January to be "Open".... It has been a perfectly logical conversation thus far.
That's fine. I never said the conversation wasn't logical. I was just adding the logic that having a regular schedule to it would make sense, especially if we keep this scheme going past 2012 and will rotate the open months.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote