View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 08:36 AM   #1
Marioninyc
Marion
Marioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel is

Device: KindleDX
Question on Kindle Freebies

My understanding is that as a self-published writer you can't put something on the Kindle store for free, but if it's free elsewhere, (Smashwords) and Amazon finds out, they may make it free. I know they used to pay you the royalty when they did that, but then they amended the contract to say they won't any longer.

I would actually love for them to make my novella, The Death Trip, free on Kindle. I just made it free on Smashwords, but the Kindle store hasn't done the same yet. My thinking is that when it was free on Kindle for a brief time last fall, it got a lot of downloads. If it happened again, I think maybe some of that might spill over into sales for my other book and help attract readers. Is there anything I can do besides wait around for Amazon to realize it's free elsewhere?

Thoughts?
Marioninyc is offline   Reply With Quote