View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #37
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
My all-time #1 audiobook would be Muller's narration of Jonathan Lethem's Motherless Brooklyn.
(I believe there an abridged one by Steve Buscemi around, too.)
Ah, my all time favourite best audio book was West with the Night, by Beryl Markham, read by Donata Peters. Sadly not available at a reasonable price any more, though far inferior readings are. One by an American reader, and one by an English reader. The American one is particularly attrocious. (Seriously, how can you read the quintessential British East Africa story with an American accent and have it be anything but a klang.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote