View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasbadar View Post
Hi,

I have my 650 for some days now. Yesterday evening when coming home, I had the following situation, when I took the 650 out of my bag:

- The red charging LED was lit
- no reaction on power switch or any buttons
- screen blank (i have no "screensaver"-picture configured)

Only a soft reset helped.

=> Battery was drained down to on block (it was fully charged in the morning).

Now the system behaves properly again.

Has anyone had a similar behaviour with its 650 (or 350)?

Regards
I had something like that happen during the first week I had mine. I've had it about a month now.

When I get new stuff, I tend to load them up as much as possible to see what they'll handle. I think on mine the battery indicator hadn't adjusted itself yet and the indexing of the files was actually draining it more than it was showing. Looked like it had a full charge, but then went dead and needed a full charge again.

Now it seems to show a more realistic battery measurement. If I fill up a SD card and the internal memory, it pulls a lot of power re-indexing, and I can see it on the display now.

On mine, I can only think that the display needed to be calibrated with actual use. Maybe your's just needed to do something similar.

My only problem now is with SD card use. Is it really realistic to give people SD card access only to have the number of files bog down the machine so much? I wish we had a hack for the 650, like we did for the other, so it wouldn't index what's on the card.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote