View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 11:57 AM   #3
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Thanks for the tip! My TX doesn't work quite the same way as the Palm models referenced in the article, but just knowing it might be possible to turn down the backlight (and that the icon was a sunburst) led me to explore the interface and find out how to do it on my model.

Alas, I already had the backlight turned down as far as it would go :-7

But thanks anyway.

Yes, I'm attracted to eInk for the backlight/eyestrain issue. One of the reasons I'm drooling over the Kindle. Plus I've loved the idea of eInk since I first heard about its ancestral prototype some 15 years ago--somehow this was the first I heard it was available in a mass produced device. I guess I just missed hearing about the Sony and Cybook (and iLiad?) readers.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote