View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #6
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: NST, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by menelic View Post
Thanks for this!
As I m on the fence wether or not I should buy a T62 (not sure about EU warranty if banggood ships from NL) or an Icarus Illumina (I d prefer the audio and better batery of the T62, but don't feel like arduous and costly return issues in case there is any fault with the T62), I d like to ask you to please share some details about that update, as that could tilt the scales in favour of the T62: Is the T62 software update the same as the recent Icarus Illumina update, which provided better font size choices and :

"New user interface for the pop up Reading Menu.The taskbar is now in the top of the screen. By default the GoTo Page function is opened and by pressing the icons in the bottom of the screen you can adjust page settings (a.o. font) and screen rotation (etc)"

thanks in advance!
I bought mine from banggood and have not seen any problem in the device.
Though, some are having issues
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=245925

Honestly, I was waiting for boox i86 and was not going to buy this device. But, t62's price & specifications changed my mind (fast cpu & gpu (2x faster t68 & m96), 8gb, large battery, sound port & USB OTG).

Anyway, the latest T62 update has all these new features. (Note: E653's updates work on T61).

Quote:
Originally Posted by popolito56 View Post
Hello,

Ower of the T61 version, I tried the root method many times unfortunately:
- root master works and then finaly,
- I validate with the right button.
when it reboots through 3 s on power button, then restart, I never see the superuser app.

What's wrong ? The model ?

Is there an other way ?

Thanks
this is the original tutorial: (try it again)
amongtech.com/root-android-device-without-computer/

Also, try installing Superuser manually after rooting your device.

E653 & Boyue T61+T62 are using the same kernel. So, this rooting method should work on all of them.

I think there are many ways to root your device. For example, you might install the adb driver & then try kingoapp .

Last edited by nightboy; 09-20-2014 at 11:02 PM.
nightboy is offline   Reply With Quote