View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #13035
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa1956 View Post
I just finished The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie (Outstanding! Four thumbs and an unevolved prehensile tail Up!) and m now reading The Secret Adversary by the same author. (The first Tommy/Tuppence story).
(— Quote from www.agathachristie.com)
IMHO, this seems more what I would expect from a freshman effort than "Styles," by which I mean it is enjoyable, but the characters plot and storyline seem less well developed. I suspect "Adversary" was written before "Styles", but published later because of the success of the latter.
Those are her first two novels. I don't think Adversary was written first, but I think it was written more quickly.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote