View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #23
Storm27
Connoisseur
Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3S, android phone
I would think a reader was a fantastic thing to have as a child; but one other question you should consider is how she will obtain books. Unless she has her own credit card she will probably need someone else to buy online for her (and even if her parents are happy to do that it means she will have to ask them every time there is something new she wants) -- it's not as easy as taking her pocket money into a bookshop. You might also want to consider her tastes and investigate whether the kind of books she likes are published electronically -- I see quite a lot of children's books as ebooks but I think not as many as books marketed to adults.

(Unless of course she is going to read only public domain classics and fan fiction in which case she may be able to download them herself).
Storm27 is offline   Reply With Quote