View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #78
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Comparison of Kindle 2 versus Hanlin V3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshanti4la View Post
Hello friends:

Thank you so much for these interesting comments. Pls, can anyone add a bit more commentary on a comparison of the Kindle DX and a BeBook/Hanlin v 3?

I'm still so undecided on which e-reader will work best for my needs, which are the ability to read PDFs and, one hopes, the ability to highlight or make comments on the text. I'm a PhD student (yeah, this is what the failing economy does to some people) and am simply swimming in PDF material. The Hanlin looks interesting but it's size is a bit small, yes? And I live outside of the US, so Kindle support would be iffy at best, don't you think?

Any comments on the software, Stanza, which is reported to reconfigure and load PDF books to Kindle 2s without the assistance of the Amazon middleman?

Again, thank you for such a helpful forum.

Linda
Dear Linda:

ALL Hanlin products are carried by Astak in North America. The Kindle DX is a 9.7 inch and the exact competitor for it is the Hanlin V9.

Here is a comparison on the EZ Reader (Hanlin V3) and the Kindle 2:

http://broo2.blogspot.com/2009/03/as...der-ebook.html

The Hanlin V9 is expected to be better than the Amazon Kindle DX in many ways. The biggest one is that it will have a Flexi screen instead of glass. Glass in that size is prone to cracking from twisting. I am NOT putting down the competition... just explaining WHY Hanlin decided to pull back its glass V9 and re-do it 100% with the Flexi screen. The V9 is projected for October, 2009 as the mass production of the Flexi screen will start in September. I think it will be very well worth the wait. Kindle fans will think not. Sorry, but I am answering your question and NOT putting down my competition.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote