View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 12:44 AM   #76
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Ankh,
I loaded your file on mine and it worked fine there too. Actually it loads really fast and changes from one page to the next, or going to a specific page, all occur very fast.

It appears that not all PDFs are equal. Here's a link to the PDF where the Go To Page doesn't work for me -- http://www.archive.org/download/work...01dickuoft.pdf

I think it might just be this PDF. I have some other large image based PDFs at work and I'll bring those home tomorrow and try them. Here is what happens with this PDF.

Menu - Go To 1 takes me to the cover which is expected.
Menu - Go To 574 takes me to the endcover which is expected.

Menu - Go To 2 takes me to page 4 in the book. Three prev buttons clicks takes me to the first page of the book, and as Gideon said, there are a lot of unnumbered pages before this as well. The lower right hand side shows 38 of 574. (i.e. there is a huge jump between Menu - Go To 1 and Menu - Go To 2)

When I press Menu - Go To 22 it takes me to page 28 in the book (not the PDF), and the lower right hand side shows 70 of 574 (note 70-22=58). The number at the bottom center of the display shows 22.

When I press Menu - Go To 35 it takes me to page 45 in the book (is actually an image but the page before it is page 44), and the lower right hand side shows 87 of 574, and 87-35=53 so you can see the PDF pages and the book pages aren't staying in sync.

When I press Menu - Go To 500 it takes me to page 424 in the book, and the lower right hand side shows 500 of 574. The number at the bottom center of the display shows 388.

Sometimes I see the text "Current Page ? of 454" displayed in gray when I press Menu - Go To.

Last edited by Daithi; 06-17-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote