View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #26
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Blue border?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Sirmaru: I definitely see the blue border on left and top sides on mine with my naked eyes. Not sure why only on those sides.
My photo only shows it on the left side. I don't see any blue border on the top side on my photo.

However, on my unit I simply do not see the blue border on the left side at all. My screen has no defects at all on the device as PERCEIVED by my eyes.

@JSWINDEN "That is clearly caused by an external light casting a shadow from the bezel onto the screen. That is totally unrelated to the screen issues."

If that is true, then I have NO defects at all. The blue line was a SHADOW. Then my LEDs do not show at all on my screen anywhere. I certainly see no blotches, colors or other defects on my screen at all with my naked eyes.

Perhaps, all the units SHOULD have been produced that way. The others definitely had clear defects then.

@Barty: "But really, the #1 problem was amazon overhyped it and set really high expectations. And the early reviewers raved about it and made us think it is really that good. I preordered it; I always took a wait and see approach with previous kindles."

My photo shows that Amazon did NOT overhype the PW. Their expected production line output was supposed to be like my unit pictured above. Evidently, the production lines had some problems at the time the defective units rolled off.

Even the replacement unit's photo which JSWINDEN took shown above in this thread shows blotches at the bottom. My unit does not show those blotches. Both of his pictures of the replacement show the background as off white to some degree. My background is bright white. There is definitely a difference between our units.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-07-2012 at 02:34 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote