Thread: Touch Search function
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Search function

When I begin a search for a book title a drop-down list often lists the book title. When I click on it and search for it, sometimes (often?) I get a message saying something like "Sorry we could not find results for that title."

I presume the title shows up in the drop-down list because the search function links to a list of published books (like Books in Print for paper books.)

So would it be possible to have, instead of the generic message above, a message that tells us if and when the book will be available in the Kobo format?

On a related matter: I once asked if Kobo could read Nook books, and got a cut-and-paste reply listing the formats that Kobo accepts. Is it too much to expect that, in the interest of fostering good customer relations, someone from Kobo would check the Nook format and give a Yes or No answer?

And finally, is it too much to expect that whoever manages this forum would amend the dictionary so that the word "Kobo" doesn't get the red underlining which indicates the word may be misspelled??

Tom K.
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote