View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
News story translated with Google Translate

Apparently Danish book stores are going to try to boost ebook sales by selling ebooks through physical stores. The books are to be sold as a download code, printed on a replica of the cover. This way ebook could also be sold as gifts.

I'm not sure how this will work - I think prices also have to go down and you have to convince the primary buyers of fiction, 40+ women, to invest in ebook readers. But I guess it's worth a try. At least it might make potential buyers aware of ebooks by actually market them in the shops they visit.
I would love this - it allows you to get the cover (a lot of fantasy ebooks don't come with the cover rights ). There is some author (can't remember her name) that was giving away postcard like copies of the cover art as a promo for her latest book. A lot of people mentioned that they were buying it just because of that.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote