View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #55
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
I'm surprised I've never heard of that, or.... I've always ordered mine w/ blue cheese so I hadn't noticed that they weren't referring to the blue cheese. I've heard of them being called "cold center" but after Googling that seems to be a type of blue steak. If you knew how much steak I consume on a weekly basis, you'd wonder how that could have passed me by. Ironically, that's exactly how I made my steak last night; blackened, cold rare center, blue cheese.
haha! well steak with blue cheese is quite yummy, as you have found, that is not what is meant here! when ordering a steak "blue", if it is done correctly, the flesh is quite literally blue when cut into

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
I am fed up with chicken. I have been eating chicken all my life.
So, nowdays if I have a chance I eat any meet but chicken. I have tried venison in a country pub in August and it was delicious. After that we bought it a few times from a butcher.
We also bought slowcooker a few weeks ago, so now we can make beef chewable, softer than chicken
I draw the line at chicken. while I will order beef, pork, fish, and rarely lamb (it is far too easy to have it slip into mutton), I will not eat chicken out at all. this is the meat that is the easiest to carry disease and germs. it is also the most "messed with" growth hormones etc to get as big a chicken with lots of breast meat as possible. I don't even buy chicken soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I prefer my steak with a pepper sauce .
yummmm! steak with green peppercorn sauce!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote