View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 08:54 AM   #32
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
In Virginia's review, who is Tom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Google says it’s T S Eliot.
That was my take too.

But what stands out for me from Woolf's review is what I imagine many of Joyce's contemporaries felt. Seems some of her objections were more about breeding and social class than anything else. Her private thoughts on the novel were even more pretentious and snobbish, it seems. Ironic, since those are the exact things many want to attribute to Ulysses (and/or Ulysses proponents). **Shrug**
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote