View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 08:31 PM   #13
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
"Trivial." "Solder a bit." "Replace the SDCard." "MTP." "UMS." "PTP." "ADB." "FTP." ??

So, if you're Joe Smith and buy the Nook Glowlight 4 -- and use it normally without customizing or jumping through hoops... you get 5 GBs of storage, not 32 GBs (minus whatever the OS takes up)? Are the Nook developers incapable of learning from the past?

So basically you're back to an 8 GB device (unless you buy some 20 GBs of books directly from B&N). Five GBs is fine for me, but I think they should drop the price to $120 (as ZodWallop mentions) since the GL4 really isn't really a memory upgrade (for side-loaders anyhow).
I feel the same way. I have no idea how to solder, and I know nothing about Android, so all this talk about ADB and MTP is way over my head. I don't feel particularly motivated to learn these things either, as the Nook and other Android-based readers aren't that much better hardware-wise than Kindles and Kobos. I've decided to stick to my Kobos for now. At least I know how to patch and customize those, there are detailed instructions for dumb users like me. And they have 32GB out of the box, which is plenty for me.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote