View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 09:11 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
What does saving a "poorly formed" epub do?

I was working on an epub. Making a lot of changes. Doing the 'mend and prettify' option and saving a lot. Everything going along nicely. Then when I went to save one time I got a warning window saying the epub was not properly formatted (or something like that, maybe 'properly formed') and it said somethig about fixing it etc. and that I might lose some data. I Xed out of the window, thinking that would give me time to see what the problem was, but when I did, the bottom of the screen said something like 'epub saved but you may have lost a small amount of data.'

Questions:
1) Why did it save it when I just Xed out of the window?
2) What should I have chosen to not save it if I get that window again?
3) If I get that window again and get out of it without saving it, will checking the Tools>'Well-formed check epub' tool tell me what's wrong?
4) (and i realize this is unanswerable in a concrete way) What are the chances I lost a lot of data?
5) What is the typical data loss in that situation?

Thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote