View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #61
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
I guess there must be over-riding advantages in the new editor that made the programmers decide it was worth ditching cursor synch between views? Are they discussed anywhere?
There was a thread, I cant quite find it however.

A few of us spoke up against the idea — but there was a lot of "Herpa derp I once edited something... so make the BV nice! XD," while actual users voiced that throwing web-components into something, to replace native ones was a bad idea and would require so many affordances to be forced into being, for little gain at the end of the day.

Admittedly, I have thrown caution to the wind and run against users before, and it's never going to be clear cut when that happens. So I can sympathise on some level, but it's not worth getting mad about, I'm happy that the work is done by someone that isn't me