View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Amazon Patent Application fo rDual Eink/LCD Device and Hands on with prototype devic

This only proves further how broken the Patent System is in the Us. Granted its only an application and SHOULD get denied I have no faith that it will be since they actually filed the application

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/30/a...e-e-ink-and-l/

The hands on is from the IFA show and apparently Eink themselves were showing this device and talking about the power savings from offloading static content to the Eink side

http://www.stuff.tv/news/ifa/rumour-...plays-incoming

I hope this means that that silly Patent Ap will be denied but the new "first to file" switch may allow it through.

But seriously how to they (Amazon) expect that to pass? there have been tons of device with back to back displays in the past- i have a cell phone in my pocket right now that has two displays back to back.

There have been devices which offload content from one lcd to the other either both lcd or one lcd and one eink not the least of which was the Entourage Edge.

Ill probably be ranting about this for the rest of the day but ill try to keep away from the keyboard for as much as I can
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote